Auditions - Seussical JR
Artisan Children’s Theater
announces auditions for
Directed by Natalie Burkhart
Choreography by Jennifer Leyva
Music Direction by Noel Clark
"Oh, the thinks you can think" when Dr. Seuss' best-loved characters collide and cavort in an unforgettable musical caper!
AUDITION DATES: Monday, February 20 from 4:30pm–6:30pm (Songs and Sides) and Tuesday, February 21 from 6:00pm–7:30pm (Dance) **
**Actors must attend both days of auditions.
- To audition, please schedule an appointment by clicking the following link: http://www.meetme.so/ArtisanChildrensTheater
- Audition form and more information on line at: http://www.artisanct.com/auditions
- Auditions will be held at Artisan Children’s Theater located at 444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, TX 76053.
- Rehearsals begin Monday, March 13, 2017 and will generally be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings, with some additional rehearsals on Saturday afternoons. Additional daytime rehearsals during spring break.
- Actors must be 8 years old at the time of auditions to be considered for casting.
- Callbacks (if needed) will be Wednesday, February 22, 2017.
PRODUCTION DATES: April 21–May 20, 2017
- Performances will be on Fridays at 5:00pm and Saturdays at 10:00am and 12:00pm, with additional 12:00pm shows on May 2, 9 and 16.
DAY 1 – Be prepared to sing 16 bars from a Broadway or Disney song of your choice. No accompanist will be provided, so actors are asked to bring a CD with their accompaniment. Artisan Children’s Theater discourages the use of phones or other digital devices, so please bring your accompaniment on a CD. No singing a cappella please. Actors will also be doing cold readings from the script, so it is encouraged that everyone auditioning is familiar with the material. Audition sides will be posted on the ACT website prior to auditions.
DAY 2 – Actors will learn a brief dance combination and perform it in groups. Please be sure to bring clothes that you can move in. Dance auditions begin promptly at 6:00pm, so plan to arrive early.
Please bring your conflict information with you to the audition. It is critical that you let Artisan Children’s Theater know all of your conflicts at the auditions. Artisan Children’s Theater will be unable to accept conflicts after casting is done unless they are emergencies.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Horton the Elephant, the Cat in the Hat and all of your favorite Dr. Seuss characters spring to life onstage in Seussical JR., a fantastical musical extravaganza from Tony-winners, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty.
Transporting audiences from the Jungle of Nool to the Circus McGurkus, the Cat in the Hat narrates the story of Horton the Elephant, who discovers a speck of dust containing tiny people called the Whos. Horton must protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, and he must also guard an abandoned egg that's been left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. Although Horton faces ridicule, danger and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him. Ultimately, the powers of friendship, loyalty, family and community are challenged and emerge triumphant!
DANCE AUDITION WORKSHOP:
To help actors prepare for the dance audition, Artisan is offering a one-day audition workshop on Tuesday, February 14 from 6:30–8:30pm. SEUSSICAL JR. Choreographer, Jennifer Leyva, will teach actors how to have a successful dance audition while also giving a sneak peek at the audition combinations. For more information, visit http://www.artisanct.com/master-classes.