Artisan Center Theater (NON EQUITY) announces auditions for
SEE HOW THEY RUN
By Philip King
Directed by Connie Sanchez
Performed on Artisan Center Theater’s Second Stage
Located at 444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, Texas
AUDITION DATES: Monday, July 10, 2017 and Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 7pm.
CALL BACKS: Callbacks (if necessary) will be held Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 7pm.
LOCATION: The Artisan Rehearsal Hall at 404 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, Texas, 76053.
REHEARSAL DATES: Rehearsals will begin Monday, July 31, 2017 and will generally be Monday through Friday evenings from 7–10pm and Saturdays from 9am–3pm.
PRODUCTION DATES: The production runs September 7–23, 2017. Performances are Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:00pm. All parts will be single cast.
AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS: Auditions begin promptly at 7pm. Actors should sign up for the audition by copying the following link onto browser: http://meetme.so/ArtisanSecondStage. Actors only need to attend one of the two audition days but are welcome to attend both. Come prepared to read from the script. Please bring a headshot/resume and your completed audition info found at http://artisanct.com/auditions.
Actors will be given two complimentary tickets to be used during the first two performances, a show t-shirt and photos from the production.
ABOUT THE SHOW: Galloping in and out of doors of an English vicarage are an American actor and actress (he is now stationed in the Air Force in England), a cockney maid who has seen too many American movies, an old maid who "touches alcohol for the first time in her life," four men in clergyman suits presenting the problem of which is which, for disguised as one is an escaped prisoner, and a sedate Bishop aghast at all these goings on and the trumped up stories they tell.
- IDA – 20’s, free-spirited, energetic, tell-it-like-it-is maid.
- MISS SKILLON – 30’s to 40’s, nosey, snooty, busybody of the village.
- REVEREND LIONEL TOOP – 30’s, the vicar of the village, formal, polite, and husband of Penelope.
- PENELOPE TOOP – Reverend Toop's wife.
- CORPORAL CLIVE WINTON – 20’s, former actress, playful, quick-witted, and level headed, she is the wife of Lionel.
- THE INTRUDER – 20’s to 30’s, a desperate escaped Russian spy.
- THE BISHOP – 50’s, Penelope’s uncle, proper British in the stodgy sense.
- REVEREND HUMPHREY – 40’s to 50’s, good-natured, a tad timid, and a visiting reverend.
- SERGEANT TOWERS – 30’s, a British bulldog of a sergeant.
ABOUT THE THEATER:
Artisan Center Theater produces seven big Broadway-style musicals in their 195-seat theater-in-the-round. Artisan also stages three additional productions, two classic plays and one ongoing musical revues, on the new 150-seat thrust stage located on Second Stage. Also on Second Stage, Artisan Children's Theater produces seven children's shows each year where children perform for children. As part of their mission to create opportunities to experience uplifting family-friendly theater, Artisan offers a complete program of theatrical education, dance and performing arts classes throughout the year. Opening in 2003 and now serving more than 90,000 patrons each year, Artisan Center Theater is located at 444 E Pipeline Rd. in Hurst, Texas. The theater is closed on Sunday.